Whether you’re in charge of planning your office holiday party or are hosting a more casual get together with friends, selecting the right holiday party invitation is a great way to set the tone for the affair. You might select the perfect paper invite, or opt for a friendly online invitation to get the word out to guests.
Either way, you’ll probably want to make sure to get a proper headcount well ahead of time through an online RSVP process. When it comes to the holiday party invitation wording, you can really set expectations for what guests can expect from your event. What type of tone should you be setting through your wording? There are a few things you will want to consider when creating for your holiday invitation:
- Guest List
To get you started in crafting the perfect holiday party invitation wording, we’ve compiled a master list of verbiage to get you started based on the tone of your event!
When planning a more formal holiday soiree or corporate gathering, you’ll want to set the tone with the proper verbiage from the start. From listing formal titles to outlining the dress code, make sure to give guests a taste of what they can expect from your event through the invitation:
- You are cordially invited to join us for the 10th annual holiday gala
- (Company/Name) invites you to their annual holiday gathering
- Please join us for the 2018 Holiday Gala, graciously hosted by (Company/Name)
- You are cordially invited to an evening of dinner and good company at the annual (Company) holiday party
- Join us for the annual soiree to celebrate the holiday
- Friends and Colleagues, please join us for an evening of holiday cheer
Fun And Casual
Throwing a casual, social holiday gathering? Make it clear that guests can expect to have a good time at your event through your holiday invitation wording!
- Let’s Celebrate! Join us for a night of dinner, drinks, & dancing
- Its that time of year, our holiday bash is here!
- The weather outside may be frightful, but a cocktail party is so delightful.
- The holidays are here, join us for a cold beer!
- Join us for a little bubbly and good cheer to toast the holidays and the New Year
- Jingle, Jingle, Jingle, its time to mix & mingle
There’s always a time and place for funny holiday party invitation wording, and we’re here to bring you some ideas! Maybe its an ugly sweater party, or you’re just pouring the eggnog extra strong this year. Whatever the case, here’s some funny holiday party invitation wording ideas to get you started.
- All I want for Christmas is for you to attend my party
- Let’s get elfed up
- Dress to impress in your holiday worst
- Eat, Drink, & Be Ugly
- It Will Be An Elfin Good Time!
- The punch has been spiked and the halls have been decked. Join us for a holiday party you just might forget!
No matter what type of holiday party you’re planning, make sure to share all the basic event details with guests to ensure a successful party! Date, time, location, dress code, and any gifts or food guests should bring are all things you should consider including in your holiday party invitation!
The Importance of Seamless Check-in As Guest Arrive
If you’re hosting a larger holiday party event (over 50 guests or so), it’s critical to ensure a smooth check-in process as guests arrive. An event check-in app can use your final guest list to easily and quickly check individual guests and groups or couples in as they arrive without keeping them waiting in line at the door.