FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA USING THE SERVICES
IN RELATION TO EVENTS ORGANIZED BY RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
Effective January 1, 2020
Your Rights and Choices
Personally Identifiable Information (“personal information”) is defined for purposes of this section of the Policy as information that identifies, relates, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked to, directly or indirectly, you as an individual. Personal information includes information collected directly from you if you choose to purchase products, use certain services available on our sites or personal information that you voluntarily provide, such as information included in response to a questionnaire or survey, or if you apply for a job on our Careers sites.
Under the CCPA and the unique consumer rights described below, personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records;
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information;
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (“CMIA”) or clinical trial data; and
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FRCA”), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”), the California Financial Information Privacy Act (“FIPA”), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Collecting of Personal Information
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from our consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. |
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||NO|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||NO|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||NO|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information |
(per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
|Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
Directly from you. We collect your information when you complete forms or you purchase services.
Indirectly from you. We collect your information when you are browsing on our website.
From external, 3rd-party sources. We may collect or aggregate 3rd-party data sources that may include both PII and non-PII data. Examples include but are not limited to your publicly-available social profiles, your profession, or your job title.
Use of Personal Information
Sharing of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose [or sell your personal information, subject to your right to opt-out of those sales]. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers. RSVPify has shared identifiers with limited, trusted service providers for the express purposes of internal, business use.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any of your personal information unless a transfer of this information to an advisor, broker or third-party insurance marketer was authorized by you.
We do not collect or share the personal information of any covered consumers under the age of 16.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
Subject to the exceptions set forth in the CCPA, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information covered over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information;
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you;
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You can make this request by clicking here and completing this form or by sending us an email at [email protected]. Requests are subject to identity verification, and that RSVPify will not grant any requests without relevant identity verification.
Deletion Request Rights
Subject to the exceptions in the CCPA, you have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information collected from you and retained by us. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; and
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
You can make this request by clicking here and completing this form or by sending us an email at [email protected]. Requests are subject to identity verification. RSVPify will not grant any requests without first confirming your identity and, as such, authority to make a given request.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information, commensurate to the type or sensitivity of the information you are requesting, that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and
- Describe your request in sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically by electronic mail communication.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at: RSVPify LLC, Attention: Privacy 3745 N Damen Suite 100, Chicago, Illinois 60618.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this California privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this California privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Changes to this California privacy notice will not affect our use of previously provided personal information.
If you have any questions about this California privacy notice, the ways in which we collect and use your information described in this notice, your choices and rights regarding such use, please feel free to contact us as follows:
(1) Sending an e-mail request to [email protected] OR
(2) Sending a letter via US Mail to:
3745 N Damen, Suite 100
Chicago, Illinois 60618
Last reviewed / revised: May 19, 2020